Latest jobs at Next Green Car
Recent vacancies at Next Green Car are listed below. For information about working at the company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join the Next Green Car team.
Data Operations: MySQL/SQL (central Bristol)
Zap Digital, a new company set up by Next Green Car, has an opening for a recent graduate in Data Operations to create and maintain databases and data-driven capabilities on Zap-Map's road-map to become a global electric vehicle (EV) charging platform. The role provides a chance to be part of something worthwhile in a new and disruptive sector, creating a market leading database that benefits a growing user-base of EV users and ultimately the environment.
As part of a growing team, the role offers a variety of responsibilities and an opportunity to get significant hands-on experience within a digital business in a fast expanding market segment. It would suit a recent graduate looking to develop experience in data and web operations. As we are already the market leader in the UK, now is a great time to join us and we'll welcome your ideas and influence - we're positive about continuous improvements as our operation matures and the team grows.
Specifically, the role would cover: Using online tools and feedback to update databases; using existing import scripts to import large data sets; developing and maintaining new import scripts; managing and updating databases; liaising with third party data providers; and identifying process issues and working with the development team to fix. Following training and support, we would expect the person to take a lead on all these tasks.
* Strong academic background (graduate, min 2:1) in an analytical discipline
* Experience of using data (i/o), databases (MySQL and/or SQL) and Excel
* Knowledge of HTML, MySQL and computing skills advantageous
* Commitment to accuracy, a logical approach and attention to detail
* Interest in electric cars and the low emission car market
* Good communication skills
* Willingness to learn, work independently and as part of a team
* Considering Data Operations jobs in Bristol
* Fundamentals of database management, admin, stored procedures, triggers, events
* Experience of an relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle DB, DB2 or Postgres)
* Proven ability to work with data formats such as JSON, XML and flat files
* Ability to work with API endpoints with some understanding of cURL library or HTTP requests
* Working knowledge of PHP or one other scripting language such as Python, Perl or similar
Salary and benefits
* £18,000 - £24,000+ depending on experience
* Discretionary company bonus
* Office-based but flexible hours | some discretionary home working
* Culture of professional development | structured career development
For more information
Zap Digital is recruiting directly for this position. For more information, please contact Ben Lane or Melanie Shufflebotham at Next Green Car on 0117 9298855. To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to: info:nextgreencar.com.
Posted: February 2017