Latest jobs at Next Green Car
Recent vacancies at Next Green Car are listed below. For information about working at the company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join the Next Green Car team.
Junior Developer: PHP (central Bristol)
Zap Digital, a new company set up by Next Green Car, has an opening for a Junior PHP Developer to join a growing team supporting Zap-Map's roadmap to become a global electric vehicle (EV) charging platform. The role provides a chance to be part of something worthwhile in a new and disruptive sector, creating well-written software that our users love and ultimately which benefits the environment.
The role offers a variety of responsibilities and an opportunity to get significant hands-on experience within a digital business in a fast expanding market segment. It would suit a web developer with up to at least one year’s experience looking to develop her/his skills in data and web development. As we are already the market leader in the UK, now is a great time to join us and we'll welcome your ideas and influence - we're positive about continuous improvements as our operation matures and the team grows.
The role involves maintaining and developing back-end data components within a LAMP stack and with opportunities to also contribute to front-end code. Specifically, the role would cover: maintaining and improving front-end code on existing projects, supporting senior developer on new back- and front-end code development, managing datasets using general MySQL database tools, using existing import scripts to import large data sets; and identifying process issues and working with the development team to fix and improve.
As a junior position, training and support would be provided throughout, with a view to the person taking a lead on relevant tasks and projects over time.
* Commitment to accuracy, a logical approach and attention to detail
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
* A keen interest in writing clean, maintainable code
* Interest in keeping up to date with current and emerging web technologies
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing business
* Considering PHP roles in Bristol
* BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* 1+ years experience with PHP, HTML and CSS
* 1+ years experience with MySQL or other Relational Databases
* Working knowledge of database fundamentals (database management, stored procedures, triggers and events)
* Understanding of working with XML and JSON data formats
* Experience/Knowledge of PHP Frameworks (e.g.s Laravel, Zend, Symphony 2, etc.)
* Experience/Knowledge of CSS Frameworks (Bootstrap, Material etc)
* Understanding of creating and consuming REST APIs
* Interest in OOP and software design patterns
Salary and benefits
* £22,000 to £26,000 depending on experience
* Discretionary company bonus
* Office-based but flexible hours | some discretionary home working
* Culture of professional development | structured career development
For more information
Zap Digital is recruiting directly for this position. For more information, please contact Ben Lane or Melanie Shufflebotham at Next Green Car on 0117 9298855. To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to: email@example.com.
Posted: April 2017