Next Green Car Approved Cars 2017
The Next Green Car Approved models in the following list have been independently selected by Next Green Car as the best green cars available as new in the UK.
The Approved list is designed to help car buyers identify high quality green cars by providing a simple, visual way to identify the best green vehicles by class.
Next Green Car Approved selection criteria
Next Green Car Approved models are selected using the following selection criteria:
1. Approved models must have a low Next Green Car Rating as compared to other models in their vehicle class – the NGC Rating expresses the environmental impact of a car as a score between 0 and 100 – the lower the score, the less the environmental impact.
2. As the NGC Ratings tend to increase with vehicle size, models are considered for approval within each vehicle class (size). Some of the larger vehicle classes do not have any Approved cars, but we hope this will change over time!
3. In addition to having a low NGC Rating, approved models must also perform highly according to the following criteria: build quality, driver and pedestrian safety, and be fit-for-purpose. These criteria tend to exclude 'quadricycles' and after-market conversions.
4. In general, the Approved model list is used to highlight the greenest high-quality models in each model range (e.g. Ford Focus). However, estate, saloon and cabriolet models, or 3- and 5-door variants, can all be Approved even if they have different NGC Ratings.
5. Models may also be considered for Approval if they are particularly innovative from an environmental perspective - e.g. use a new type of power-train which is likely to become widely used.
6. Next Green Car Approved models are approved for a particular calendar year (e.g. 2015) and the Approved list is updated monthly on a rolling basis.
Approved cars can be identified throughout the site with the Approved logo tick (as shown).
If you do not find the car you are looking for on the Approved list shown above please use the new car search to browse all cars.